Monday, March 2, 2009

The Coolest Thing I've Seen This Week

Thanks to Jason at The Wild Hunt Blog for pointing me at this. With the probably-less-than-stellar film adaptation of Alan Moore's classic comic Watchmen hitting theaters this week, I'd thought I'd point this out. Moore is himself an occultist, with a very unique perspective on the art. His whole output is worth attention.

Of course nobody this weird could completely ignore Lovecraft. Moore's short mythos story The Courtyard is cool, and even cooler, perhaps, is the Courtyard Companion, with page after page of Moore's notes on his litle in-jokes and references in the tale.

I am just tickled wiggly to note that he's working on his very own grimoire of the occult arts. I just can't wait! Unfortunately, dates I've seen for it run from this year all the way to 2011... ah well...

2 comments:

Rob Henderson said...

And don't forget the joint appearance of both the Elder Gods and Jeeves and Wooster in Moore and O'Neill's "League of Extraordiary Gentlemen: Black Dossier".

(I'm still hopeful that the Watchmen movie will e at least decent. I can't imagine it being as good as the original, but what could be?)

Steam Druid said...

Ian,
I posted my own review of the movie two weeks ago:
http://thedruidfromdesertplains.blogspot.com/2009/03/ive-been-fan-of-gn-since-its-first.html

Eremon