Monday, March 8, 2010

A Charm To Get A Lover

Ok, so every sorcerer needs a couple of love charms. Of course anyone who's been in the biz a while knows how difficult and confused love matters become and, like the weather, how it is often best to simply let things go the way that nature carries them. However sometimes one needs a little boost, a little taste of love, perhaps of the more carnal sort (though good conversation enhances good carnality, for some...).
But, 'tis spring, and this simple charm is for when you're just looking to get laid. The rather vulgar language of the charm is the traditional part, going back a long way into english-language magical history. I set it inside some nice rhymes, for modern edification. Like any bit of magic, use it wisely and watch that any results truly resemble what you're actually after - this whole matter is just full of surprises!
I give these charms as though for straight men and women - gay folks should feel free to adapt them as they may prefer...
To Attract a Lover
Take the blossom of a flower in your left hand. Bring the Underworld Power into your left hand and let it fill with your broad desires for a lover to please you (preferably not of a specific targeted person...). Bring the Fire into your right hand and fill it with all that you can offer a lover in pleasure. Bring your hands together and mix the powers, envisioning the sigil in the mixed Powers. As you speak the charm three times, bring your hands together and rub and crush the blossom in your palms. Mingle the fire and water with the herb, as you say:
(for men:)
Bee to blossom, she to me
Love I call for love’s own sake
Power of land and Sky and Sea
By your might this charm I make.
I the dog, she the bitch
I the helve, she the axe
I the cock, she the hen
By the light of moon and sun,
By the Well and by the Fire
Chant the spell and be it done
This, this that I desire.

(For women:)
Bee to blossom, he to me
Love I call for love’s own sake
Power of land and Sky and Sea
By your might this charm I make.
I the bitch, he the dog
I the axe, he the helve
I the hen, he the cock,
By the light of moon and sun,
By the Well and by the Fire
Chant the spell and be it done
This, this that I desire.

1 comment:

Auberon Draenen Wen said...

Looks interesting, anything that could help one get a lasting relationship?