Tuesday, August 13, 2013

In Praise of the Court of Brigid.


I just received word from one of our ADF students, Davin Mac Lugh, about results he obtained
working with one of the Court of Brigid spirits. It’s going slowly, but a few more magicians each season are taking up the work.

Do head over to his blog, The Druid of Fisher Street, for the whole story. I liked his closing:

As in this experience, my hard science mind told me that he would most likely not survive, and yet he did! So something must have intervened, and that something was most likely the spirit I called upon.  So long as the hard sciences cannot in some way measure magic they will not accept it.  Honestly, I am ok with that.  I hope they never can measure it.  I hope there will always be forces in this world that can’t be understood with measurement; forces that must be felt and experienced and always leaving us a bit lost as to how it worked.  This is the re-enchanting of the world.  This is how it is done; one magical working at a time.  

May the Blessings of the Goddess Brigid continue to flow into the world through her Courtiers!

No comments: